Ask the Staff 2.0!

Discussion in 'Player Advice & Discussions' started by verykirsten, Aug 1, 2017.

1. LadyAustin

LadyAustin Horse Farmer Nerdfighter

I have many! I work at a dressage horse barn where I basically do the basic chores and work with keeping the horses in show-shape. I also help run a rescue for animals! We currently have 12 horses, 15 dogs, 5 birds, a handful of chickens, and a pig! Oh and starting this month I'm a full time college student:)

2. Nodred

Nodred Potato Taster Nerdfighter

Hi! Kind of an introductory question, why did you pick the moderating life? And what would you really like to see added to Minecraft?

3. Stormy

Stormy Yarn Hoarder Staff Member Senior Administrator Lifetime V.I.P.

I didn't pick the moderating life, it picked me. I was asked by Islid and Socks to join the team two years ago. I was having a hard time, and honestly it seemed like a good way to give back to the place that brought me so much joy. I didn't know it would be this much work, or that I'd eventually become a Senior Admin, but it's still worth it.
    I'd like to see vertical slabs. And more stairs. Things you can use not just for utility but for decoration.

Elenna84 likes this.
  4. SquiggleTag

SquiggleTag YouBert's Pet Human Lifetime V.I.P.

I picked the mod life and the mod life chose me. I really wanted to do more on the server than just quietly mine all day.

As for minecraft additions? probably more options for purpur, quartz and prismarine. (slabs, fences, etc). Oh and wallpaper would be cool too.

5. verykirsten

verykirsten Collector of Purple Things Staff Member Lifetime V.I.P.

The mod life chose me :p Jinx asked me to join the staff on October 3rd, coming on two years now.

As for what I think should be added to Minecraft... everything in stair and slab form. Everything.

6. TilDeathDoUsArt

TilDeathDoUsArt Tree Puncher Nerdfighter

We should totally start a Patreon so that you guys could at least get paid some. Ya'll work super hard and make this experience phenomenal for the rest of us.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    SquiggleTag likes this.
  7. Ellifaey

Ellifaey Cave Explorer Lifetime V.I.P.

I'm not sure if I actually handled that request or if I just read about it but there once was one just saying "Horses are cool"

There used to be a player called "Whatsasociallife". They changed their name though and no longer play on the server, I believe.

Currently I only work 20-24 hours per week. I guess I spend about the same amount of time on server stuff. It's hard to say how much time one actually spends on the server when basically a lot of discussion and planning is done on discord or googledocs and such. Those are always with me on my phone.

I'm a nanny.

Like Stormy said: "I didn't pick the moderating life, it picked me."
    I was asked to join staff in June 2014 after only 4 months on the server. I hardly knew anyone. It was kind of scary XD

8. Ellifaey

tbh, we are basically working for the Foundation to Decrease Worldsuck. so if you are interested in giving money for a good cause, how about checking out the perks on http://donate.nerdcrafteria.com/ ? :)

9. Star.5

Star.5 Cave Explorer Lifetime V.I.P.

I remember when I was kinda new to the server, I really thought @TurnDownTheAC was an interesting username choice :p I also have recently seen MelonLordToph which is pretty cool to me.

I still have to do the adult thing and try to do that >.<

I always wanted to be a Mod here since I had previous experience modding small chat websites, but I never applied because I didn't have experience with plugins (still don't really) and I was always quiet (still am) and thought they wouldn't want me on Staff unless I was asked. After a year and a half I kinda let the hope go and like 6 months from my 3rd anniversary, I was asked to be one :D So I didn't really pick it but I really wanted to be picked for a long time.

Stuff I would like to see added: More blocks for decorating. And more ways to turn slabs and stairs in different directions. (FTB has spoiled me)

10. QuestionTues_FTW

QuestionTues_FTW Pig Jockey Nerdfighter

And how much of your time is spent playing Pokemon Go? ;) :p

11. LuvianBlue

LuvianBlue Spider Matador Lifetime V.I.P.

I like TilDeathDoUSArt. Also I believe there was a DoctorWhom. I know there were others, but I can't recall them atm.

I was asked to join staff in 2014, but turned it down as I didn't feel that it was a good time for me to be adding that responsibility to my plate. In 2015 I was asked again; this was right around when the server was preparing to switch over to a new Mainworld map. I figured the server was preparing for big changes, and an extra part of hands on deck could really help, so I joined.

As for what I want added, more colourful stairs/slabs. They open up a whole realm of possibilities for builds and detailing, but there's so few options currently. I'd love Stair and slab blocks for the various stained clays....

12. Ellifaey

2 hours each day. Up to 4 hours on days I don't have to work. So 14-18 hours per week I guess.

13. tomsk31

tomsk31 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

Aaaaaah, so happy this thread is back..Questions..so many questions...Er, what is it about moderating Nerdcrafteria that you love the most?

14. SquiggleTag

Helping people with boons/fire tickets is a really fun part of the job! :D

15. verykirsten

verykirsten Collector of Purple Things Staff Member Lifetime V.I.P.

All you lovely players~ and fire tickets. Those are fun. :p

16. tomsk31

tomsk31 Pig Jockey Lifetime V.I.P.

How did I know it would be fire tickets...

17. Islid

Islid Slime Trampolinist Nerdfighter

Ooh, my turn... got to think of something good...

How do you motivate the dishwashers?

18. Banesidhe

Banesidhe Floofy Staff Member Moderator Lifetime V.I.P.

What's your favorite spot in Nerdcrafteria to idle in while you monitor chat,etc ?

littlewill1166 likes this.
  19. SquiggleTag

I feel like this is the set up to some kind of joke, but i can't think of a good punchline ...

I tend to find a nice dark wall to stare at :p

20. Ellifaey

By washing the dishes too. Almost all of us wash dishes here.